Efficiency meets Style {Entryway}

"entryway"

noun;

a way in to somewhere or something; an entrance

"An entryway is an introduction.
Like the opening pages of a book, it leads us in and welcomes us to the world inside."
~Rose Tarlow~

 Lately, our entryway has become one of my favorite spaces to style! Your homes' entry is the first thing guests see when they come in and really sets the feel of the rest of your home.What I love about styling an entry is how big your personality can come through in a smaller space. There are two things I think of when styling an entry: what works for you, the homeowner {efficiency} and what tone you want to set when you or guests walk in the door {style.}



Think of the things you do when you walk in your entry. Alex and I usually have our work bags, purses, keys, and coffee cups to place somewhere quickly as we brace ourselves for Simms' "welcome home" hug. Having an entry table is key (no brainer) but also an entry bench or stool is a great piece to add to your foyer. If you have the room, do both - if you only want to do a bench, go for it! A bench is a perfect piece to have in your entry to throw down your work bag or take off your shoes  (especially when Alex comes in from work in his muddy work boots) and also is very welcoming for your guests to set down their personal items. Adding a fun fabric to the seat or pillows is great way to add personality to the space! 


After setting down my bags, the first thing I normally do is turn on the two lamps sitting on the entry table and putting my keys/sunglasses into our basin. Adding some type of bowl or tray is a great way to add some texture and interest to your entry, while also saving the headache of "I can't find my keys!" I stacked a couple of books under the bowl to add some color and a piece of art to rest against the back. Lastly, the #1 thing I have to have in an entry is a mirror. It's that last look you take before leaving the house. I found this one at Target and love how the gold trim looks against the white lamps.


Below are some of my favorite entryways. I love seeing all the fun textures and styles people incorporate in their entry. Baskets, topiaries, fiddle leaf figs, printed rugs, wallpaper, pendant lights, flush mounts, coffee table books and art. Create a space that works for you, and then style!














xoxo,
KH

Comments