A Living Room Update

My living room has been on the back burner for quite some time now. I have slowly but surely began to focus on it, but it really is a hard room for me to style because it is right off the open kitchen/dining room, so instead of coordinating with one room only, it has to coordinate with three. 

Below you will see my lately inspiration board I am feeling for my living room! I am thinking of a more "natural" look, bringing in mossy, earthy tones. I can get so caught up in my "blue and white" phase (shocking) but for my living space I want to revamp to make it more natural feel.



Cathedral Chairs: These have been on my mind for QUITE some time. I currently have linen chairs, but I am thinking of swapping for a wooden base and upholstering a cushion in a faux light leather - easy to wipe down! 

Dark Decor: I adore the look of this candle holder. I think bringing in some darker decor can help balance out all the "white" 

Mossy Velvet Pillows: While velvet isn't something new, for me it is! And this color...who am I right now? I am so drawn to it!

Natural throw: Love a Greek key, and this one's color is so pretty

Waterfall acrylic coffee table: I've been eyeing one of these for quite some time, and I think I am going to go for it! I currently have gold and glass end tables for a traditional look, so this will totally modernize the space. 

Larger Twin Stools: To balance the waterfall acrylic table, I am thinking I will add some color with twin stools. Since the coffee table is smaller, larger stools will fill up the space.

Turkish Rug: I have to thank my dear friend Kristen with Savannah Styled Home for this one! I currently have a sisal but am wanting to layer a smaller (maybe 4 by 6?) Turkish rug on top for the acrylic to lay on.

Ficus: Last but not least - swapping out the faux fiddle for the fall with a natural ficus! I think it will be a good change for the space, and can bring the fiddle back out for the spring. 


Comments