mini-Thanksgiving {tablescape}

Bouncing off my first blog post on centerpieces, I was so eager to style my own table for our first mini-Thanksgiving! If you didn't already know this, I am a blue girl. Always have been! I typically lean towards cooler, blue/grey tones than warm, red based tones. My collection of blue and white started about a year ago, and I must say, it is a bit of an obsession. I only have about 6 pieces right now but each piece brings me so much happiness and has a story. 





Refreshing & Relaxing: two words I had in mind while setting my dining table 

I knew I wanted some of my blue and white collection to be the base of my tablescape. My goal was to have an elegant yet approachable table, lit with candles and gold accent pieces. I wanted my guests to walk in and feel welcome and comfortable, and I knew I had the majority of the pieces in my house already to make that happen. 




Start with some type of runner. I don't really think the details of the runner matter, since the majority of the runner will be covered with candles, a centerpiece, glassware or greenery. I snagged the gold basin at The Cottage Shop and I knew it would make the perfect centerpiece. A basin like this one is so versatile. You can place it in a foyer, a bathroom, an end table...I love finding multi-purposeful items like this for your home. I then walked over to Urban Poppy, a local florist, to purchase stems for a  DIY floral centerpiece. I left with a lot of eucalyptus, garden roses, and other natural yet statement stems (I need to step my floral game up and remember names.) Once I put the centerpiece together, it was all easy going from there! 

One thing I will say is a great investment are gold chargers. You can find them anywhere and they can easily dress up your table. I placed mine under my everyday china, Marin White from Crate & Barrel along with my everyday Caesna Mirror utensils. I love mixing metals! Even though the majority of my table was gold, I wasn't concerned about silver utensils. As for glassware, I used my everyday glasses, the Boston Collection by Villeroy & Boch. I am obsessed with these! I have all sizes (goblet, claret & highball) and they are a clear glass, giving the illusion they are crystal. 

Lastly, I ran to the dollar tree for some simple glass votives and white candles. I have candles in every room in my house, so the dining table was no exception (and for $1 a piece, can't beat.)

I hope you enjoyed this blue + white styled and inspired tablescape as much as I did and be sure to check out my instagram page for videos.

I would love to see what you put on your table this Thanksgiving. Enjoy the holiday season with friends + loved ones! 

KH











DISCLAIMER: I am not being compensated in any way for my recommendation of any of the products mentioned above.

Comments