one basket {endless uses}

Alex and I received this Pottery Barn basket as a wedding present and I absolutely love it. It is a great medium to large size and we kept it in our bathroom to tote dirty laundry to and from the laundry room. After seeing some inspiration online, there are so many things you can do with a single basket other than hold laundry. See my favorite ways to get the most of your basket (also a great holiday gift idea!)

go green

One thing I love about our new home is how many indoor plants we have been accumulating. It really adds that pop of color to a corner, and I love how the pot is placed inside the basket. Alex and I went to Home Depot and we saw a Fiddle Leaf Fig and we snatched it! The Pottery Barn Beachcomber basket worked perfectly as its' base! We set the plant in our living room (image below) in a bare corner and it really added the perfect pop of color to the vacant space. 




A friend asked me where we got our basket and I told her about this black Round Woven Basket I had just seen at Target. I love the black! So different and, big plus, won't show dirt. I love how it turned out in her living room corner! 



My sister lives in Dallas and told me about Snake Plants and how big they are in Texas. They are super low maintenance and can be raised on a pedestal if more height is needed. Ours is in a white, basic ceramic pot right now, but I am excited to try it in our basket after our Fiddle Leaf.


Photo: Pinterest

the foyer

Recently, I have loved styling my foyer. I love the way Tone on Tone added some basket love to their space. I am a big fan of putting benches under a console table, but a basket is also a great option. You can store your outdoor shoes, a smaller umbrella, flashlights, scarves, or even your little one's book bags or older magazines in it. 
Photo: Pinterest (Tone on Tone)


the bedroom

Whether you don't have enough room at the end of your bed for a bench or you simply want a different look, a basket adds the perfect amount of texture and interest, and you also gain additional storage for pillows and blankets. 

Photo: Pinterest

the living room

Placing the basket at the corner of your fireplace or even inside the fireplace is easy and pleasing to the eye. It can add some dimension to the fireplace and help fill a vacant space. Fill the basket with blankets or logs for these fall and winter evenings and voila, new and fun use! 
Photo: Pinterest

A household item like this is so simple, but so diverse. I can't wait to continue to add to my collection. Would love to know how you incorporate your basket @ home.

KH




DISCLAIMER: I am not being compensated in any way for my recommendation of any of the products mentioned above.

Comments