not @ home {guestroom essentials}

I love to host and have our home filled with guests this time of year! If you feel like you need a guestroom refresh just in time for the holidays, take a look at my 10 essential items (most of you will have these items already) that will make your guestroom feel welcome & cozy…

1. Nothing says "welcome" like some fresh flowers in a pretty vase for your guests. I like to put some on the bedside table and a small arrangement in the guest bathroom. 

2. Adding a bench or a stool to anchor the bed is a perfect way for your guests to rest their luggage and adds additional seating to a smaller space.

3. I have candles in every room in the house and I love how calming and relaxing candles can make a room feel. I usually have a candle in the guest bedroom with a match box so guests can relax after a long day before sleep. (The matches are an interlocking K and A from our wedding, and I tell guests to take a box home with them as a treat.)

4. White is considered the color of perfection and is a symbol of luxury. By adding white linens and pillows to your guest bed, your guests will sleep more soundly just by sleeping in white. I also love white lamps in a guest bedroom to make the room feel extra crisp and clean. 

5. Placing a jewelry or pocket dish on the nightstand is a warm touch for your guests so they can keep organized in your space.

6. I don't know about you, but I have to have a mirror in the bedroom. By adding a full length mirror to the space, guests will be more likely to freshen up in the bedroom rather than being worried about taking too much time in the bathroom. 

7. When I travel, I usually bring an extra bag to stuff my dirty laundry in. Provide a laundry hamper and line it with a thin bag or liner. Guests will love that they can store their dirty laundry out of the way and at the end of their stay, pull the liner out with their laundry without cramming it into their bag.

8. Have some local magazines on a bedside table in case your guests can't snooze right away.

9. Providing your guests with a carafe of water & glasses will make them happy they don't have to venture off in the middle of the night to your kitchen to grab a glass of water.

10. Have a little basket of toiletries in the room or in the bathroom they will be using. Use old hotel ones you snagged or go to the dollar section of Target and get some mini's - we all forget something when we travel! 



Comments