Traditional mixed with Modern {3 Ways}

Dining Room


The term "formal" can sometimes scare people. Do you have a formal dining room but are worried you won't use it because it's too "fancy" for everyday family dinners,or did you inherit your grandmother's formal dining table and fear it's not your style? Don't fret! One thing I love about a formal dining space is the marriage between a traditional piece of furniture with casual and functional pieces. Mix and match and your wood finishes by investing in a formal dining table and go more casual with the chairs and fabric/slipcovers.


I love a white slipcover dining chair. It makes the space feel so light and airy and can lean to a more casual vibe. (also, who doesn't love a removable washable slipcover??)
I love the way Caroline of House of Harper mixed a formal dining table with grey wood chairs
Lucite is something that has been on trend for while now and I love it! Love how this space is traditional but incorporated a super clean and modern lucite dining chair into the room.

Lucite in Living Spaces

Speaking of lucite...I can't even begin to tell you how bad I want a lucite bar cart. I love how modern it is and I would love to see some of my blue and white chinoserie collection mixed with crystal stemware on it! I think it is the perfect merge of traditional decor pieces (like a pair of crystal champagne glasses and a couple of coffee table books) twisted with some modern flare. 


source: luella & june


I need everything about this entry table! (and the stool) Such a fun twist on a formal entryway


Layer Layer Layer

This may not be a "modern" trend, but it is certainty mixing the traditional streamlined look with texture and layers! Merge a natural fiber rug with a cowhide or smaller oriental rug to create some texture to a one dimensional floor.





Traditional pieces will always be that - traditional + classic. If you're feeling like stepping out of your comfort zone and blending some modern touches, I would love to see what you're doing to achieve it! 

xoxo, 
KH


DISCLAIMER: I am not being compensated in any way for my recommendation of any of the products mentioned above or am liable for any purchases that are the some products as the ones mentioned above or similar. All pictures are sourced from Pinterest unless otherwise noted. 

Comments

  1. Below you will understand what is important, the idea provides one of the links with an exciting site: home builder st Louis

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment